Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon SF-200 slide feeder (again)
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:53:14 -0800

Thanks for the tips, Tina.  I have done the credit card fix, and it does
indeed help quite a bit.  However, the adjustment is very critical - too
tight and you inhibit the slide from going in freely, too loose and a second
one might slip in there.  One of the biggest problems is the "Plastimount"
slide mounts, which are held together by 8 plastic rivets.  If the lab
doesn't smash the heads of the rivets down just right, you end up with sharp
edges that cause jams in the return tray.

I can't imagine how much work it must be for you to mount all your selects
in Gepe mounts.  I assume you have the lab process only, and return your
film in strips from which you make your selections?

Eliminating film from my workflow altogether would mean a huge savings in
time which would be better used shooting and marketing images.  Maybe it'd
be a good idea to get rid of some of these anachronistic German cameras in
favor of a EOS1Ds!  Hmmm.

- --Jim