Subject: [Leica] Spot meter in my future?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:31:17 -0800 (PST)

I mentioned shooting a couple of chamber music concerts last weekend.

The bad news is that on Sunday night, the lighing was so harsh and
contrasty that I have a lot of blown faces.  There was no way to meter
beforehand, as the stage lights were not on until the performers came out.
I used my old trick of metering off the light-colored stage floor and
closing down a stop, but it wasn't enough for Neopan 1600.

Since I enjoy shooting concerts and theatre, I think there's a spot meter
in my future. I wish Gossen made a spot meter attachment for my Luna Pro
Digital, but I don't believe they do.

Can anyone recommend a reliable make of spot meter that's available used?
What might I expect to pay for a spot meter?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Spot meter in my future?)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Spot meter in my future?)