Subject: [Leica] Re: Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - Talk amongst yourselves...:-)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:25:40 -0800 (PST)

>> "... what is really important is the way the photographer
>> works, the way he or she relates to the subject, and not the
>> decibel level of the camera."
>
>Hum.  That's true in some, but not all, situations.  In fact, >with the M, I've had some people actually ask if I've taken the
>picture!  I never get that with any of the SLRs I have!

I agree with Austin here.  Last summer when photographing a herd of bison in Yellowstone the noise of the 'flex sometimes made one or two animals jump... but then this was out the car window with a rather short lens on a very quiet morning, bison on guard for wolves and all... I'd rather have been using a quieter camera to reduce the risk of causing a stampede.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com