Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M motor drive/Abrahamson Rapid Winder
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:21:05 -0500

At 04:59 PM 1/23/2003, you wrote:
>At 10:55 AM -0500 1/23/03, Craig Zeni wrote:
>>At 10:08 AM 1/23/2003, you wrote:
>>>http://www.rapidwinder.com/
>>>
>>>Seems to work fine for me though it is a little out of date now that he
>>>has stopped production of the M2 RW and the normal RW has morphed into
>>>the RapidWinder 2.
>>
>>OK, so what is the difference between the normal RW and RW2 aka Son Of
>>RapidWinder?
>>

>>--
>>Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
>
>Functionally it is exactly the same, but more of the innards are CNC
>produced. Less manual labour involved in the productions, although due to
>the cost of low-volume CNC work the total cost to Tom is not less. I think
>he said that he can control tolerances better, though.

OK thanks...makes sense as he can cut his labor time with no increase in
cost or hurting quality...

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

In dog years, I'm dead.

Message from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: M motor drive/Abrahamson Rapid Winder)