Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:B&H
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:59:23 -0800

I''ve done business with B&H for many years and always found them to be one
of the more reputable equipment suppliers in NYC.  Until a few months ago,
I'd never actually been there in person, and I was shocked at how busy they
are at the main store and how efficiently the ordering process works.
Obviously, they have to protect themselves from shoplifting, so you select
your item from a showcase and the salesperson adds the items to your ticket.
Whey you're finished shopping, you take the ticket to the cashier and pay,
then proceed to the pickup area, where your items are waiting, having been
delivered by a mechanized basket system that gathers your purchases from
each department and moves them to the pickup area.

I had to laugh when, as I walked up to the Leica counter, two employees were
deep in conversation.  Now, remember, they're speaking at about 2x normal
speed in New York accents, complete with waving of arms.

"I told him 2 months ago I had to go to the bris.  How can I not go to the
bris?  The kid's my nephew.  I can't miss the bris.  Now they tell me I
can't have the day off.  What am I supposed to do?  I've got to be at the
bris!  What am I going to tell the kid when he grows up?  That I couldn't be
at the bris because I had to work?  How can I face my brother? Oy vey!"

- --Jim

Replies: Reply from "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:B&H)
Message from "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] Re:B&H)