Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Battery
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:34:25 -0600

I read the instruction book and quote from page 69: "If the camera is
being transported in a bag,  for example, or will not be used  for a
long period, it  should be turned off at the main switch". I make it a
habit on my M6 to switch the shutter speed to B. The meter will not work
on B. With the softie left on the camera is prone to pressure, thus
activating the meter.