Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa R2 with 90mm Apo Summicron
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:14:02 -0700

Please test the lens carefully with a tripod and a inanimate object.
You may even place the camera on the inanimate object and photograph
the tripod if you wish. It is not uncommon for the camera or lens to
need an adjustment. Usually it is the camera but, to be fair, I have
seen both. If the body or lens is slightly off, it can drive you
bananas trying to get sharp pictures wide open and close. A 90/2AA has
less dof wide open than a Noctilux so you have to be careful.

That said, I have one as well and have no troubles focusing at 1m/f2 on
my 0.72 TTL. Not to say I do not have other problems: intravenous drug
use, rampant alcoholism, appalling taste in interior design; but, I can
focus an 90/2 no problems. It kind of takes the pressure off the other
stuff :-)

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Bessa R2 with 90mm Apo Summicron)