Subject: Fw: [Leica] sayonara
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:19:02 -0700

Brian... I have to say,  I agree with Seth and  many others who have had enough of the LUG
in its present state....

Why don't you exert some direction for our members ...so that the LUG focuses on Leica,
photography, photos, or at least something close. Some of us are here to listen, learn
about things photographic, and are not impressed by the mental gymnastics of  a few
members who seem to have lost interest in photography, but who use this list as a personal
forum...often  to show off their knowledge, their legal muscle, or their political views.

Such talent, and the ego gratification it brings, would be so much more appropriate
dealing with these important issues in real life... and who knows, it might have some
meaningful impact...

Steve

> Friends (there are some of these among you), I've completely lost patience with opening
my mailbox each morning to find 100+ posts, 95+ of which have zero to do with Leica
photography. I have a callus at the tip of my right index finger; my delete callus.

> It has been fun occasionally sharing views on things Leitz/Leica, even when we've
differed sharply. But some of you have cost this list its fun value and the value of
serious critique of photographic work.

> I have strong views on most if not all of the political issues that have occupied the
overwhelming majority of posts recently. But in my view this is not the place for me to
have weighed in on this stuff.

> I hope to continue occasional communication with some of you off-list. As two of us have
closed: yours leically and happy snaps.