Subject: RE: [Leica] Real War
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:36:02 -0800

At 9:02 PM -0600 1/20/03, Sam Krneta wrote:
>And you are from where John? Do you pay attention to your politics or just
>dabble in ours?

The wars that the US wages are wars that affect us all; all humanity
on the planet. With status as "the last super-power" also comes moral
as well as military responsitbility. As Canadians, we are affected
more than most, even though we never signed on for war or Bush in
general. We are often lumped togther with Americans (sic) even though
we might not have voted for Bush Jr. or Sr. had we been given the
opportunity. Ha!

Our position is probably the most pro-American Administration that
will be seen during the next months, mostly due to the fact that a
lot of US media is piped up here. In the rest of the world, the media
is not as kind, and the sentiments not as favourable to the Bush's
oil war. Britain's support is fading, France and Germany are not in
agreement, and the rest of the world is definitely not on side,
except for small pockets of local self interest.

The concept that seems to be forgotten again and again is that there
are no winners in wars, only people that don't lose quite as much as
the ones that lose the most. The ones that lose the least are the so
called leaders and their supporters. They only (!) lose their
humanity. And they get to incite the next war.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com