Subject: Re: [Leica] Apple for a died in the wool Windows guy
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:42:28 EST

In a message dated 1/20/03 3:32:45 PM, cpultz@earthlink.net writes:

<< Anyway, it's not a religion, except to the Apostles of Apple. It's a
stupid
computer. I'm all for Linux, though I'm not yet very skilled with it.
(Wouldn't give one to my mother to figure out!) And I guess MAC is still
better for color management, so I should have one for photography, and to
experience the legendary superiority. And to see one is to want one! But at
the moment, I have to stay with the people's choice, down here with the
democratic rabble.

Best -

Carl

I don't know, I think there are quasi-religious freaks on both sides.

All I know is that when I got my first computer, it was a Mac.  Why?  Because
I am admittedly not very good with technology.  I'm okay at low levels and
then I start to have mini-embolisms if something goes wrong with the tech and
I can't fix it easily.   My mac had a happy face.  Files that looked like
files.  Bongs of death when something went really wrong.  My mac never made
me feel like I had to become a machine in order for me to use my machine.  I
remember my geek friends telling me I should dump my mac and get "a real
computer."  Every time they'd come over to my house it was the first thing
that came out of their mouths. That and if they could have a beer.   Whilst
sucking down some pale ale they'd nearly always advise me, "you could get a
computer that even makes you coffee for the price you paid for your mac."
Maybe so.  But I don't see what good a cheaper product is (even if it can
give you back massages, run the treasuries of small nations, or host a porn
site) it you can't figure out to use it.  I simply didn't like, and don't
particularly like still, the operating system used by Pc's.  And still, even
now, when I'm running a G3 that is sufficient for my purposes, I STILL have
PC folks act like that unless they convince me to go PC that their dog will
be killed at dawn.

I've never tried to get folks to switch to Macs, but if I could have a dollar
for every PC dude (and a couple gals) who've tried to get me to switch to PC,
well, I could afford the 135mm R- 3cam lens that I've been coveting.

Kim

(Paw week 3 @ http://www.vonseidl.net/patchouli/KMVSPAWweek3.html)