Subject: [Leica] Re: Tri Elmar Repair
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:27:53 -0800

John Collier wrote:

>As Leica USA was the only one offering Passport,

John:

You should know better!  Lisle-Kelco (www.like.ca), the Canadian
distributor, offer a "Passport-like" 3 year warranty.  However, they cannot
call it "Passport", as that name is copyright by Leica USA.

They are so good about it, that when I lost my R5 to a flood,last spring,
the insurance firm bought me a new R8.  However, the one they found had
come from the previous distributor, and thus was not covered by
Lisle-Kelco's "Passport style" warranty.

About one week after receiving it, the (non-Leica) strap failed, sending my
new R8 to the cement. (ouch!)  Lisle-Kelco fixed it, without charge, even
though they had not distributed my particular camera!

It's tough to argue with service like that!

David Young       | A man who gives in when wrong - is wise.
Victoria, CANADA. | A man who gives in when right - is married.

Website at:  http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/