Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Product Quality??
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:23:17 +0100

I am very pleased with the quality progress Leica are making. In the
M7 manual they now  twice state that the white measuring spots covers
13% of the negative area (pages 30 and 57 of the German text), and
only once do they say 23% (page 36). That is two correct out of
three. The M6 manual has two wrong out of two. Anyway, the still
think that the 12 mm diameter of the white spot is two-thirds of the
the short side of the negative. They probably mean two-thirds of the
_long_side, they just don't  say it.

If they get these things right in the M8 manual, then I would be very
disappointed if they do not say that standard grey reflects 28%.

Chris