Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 Eye Relief Question
From: Chris Chen <furcafe@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:20:50 -0800 (PST)

To echo Mr. Ridings, I can comfortably see the M3's
50mm frame through my glasses, but your mileage may
vary.  FWIW, if you decide to go w/an M2 & plan to
regularly use a 35mm, you should be aware that, for
some unknown reason, Leitz put a smaller rear VF
eyepiece opening on the M2 than on the M3 or the M6
(can't compare it w/an M4 as I haven't looked through
1 in years)--I found it difficult to see the 35mm
frame on my M2 for that reason until I had DAG enlarge
the opening as part of a CLA/repair job.

Chris

- ------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:15:11 -1000
From: "Thomas G. Tamura" <ttamura@aloha.net>

I am thinking about picking up a user camera and am
really drawn to a
M3
(plus I once owned one and am kicking myself ever
since for selling
it.)  I
can't remember about my experiences with the
viewfinder and thus my
question/concern.

My concern is that I wear glasses and was wondering if
I will have any
problems seeing the 50mm framelines.  I believe the
viewfinder
magnification
is 0.90 (or 0.91,) so I am quite sure that I will have
problems seeing
the
50mm framelines, but thought I would ask in case I am
overlooking
something.

If it is as I thought, I guess a M2, M4 or later would
be better
choices for
a normal lens?

Would love to hear from you Leica experts.

TIA, Thomas