Subject: Re: [Leica] Hawaiin Travel Questions
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:36:52 -0700

You will have to walk a bit to get to the hot lava. It used to be miles
but I have heard it is within a half mile of the road now. Bring warm
clothes as it is breezy and often wet as well. OBEY ALL SIGNS! Every so
often an overly curious person is flambéed. As to metering you will
have to check the contrast range and decide from there. Hopefully it
will be the usual cloudy bright. The cliff edge you drive along is also
very spectacular with the big Pacific rollers crashing against them.
Remember this stuff has been photographed to death so make sure you get
the important family shots as well (assuming you are traveling with a
family!). The Big Island is one of may favorite places to visit with
its diverse climate zones. The transition zones are especially
spectacular.

Have fun and try out an underwater P&S camera too!

John Collier