Subject: RE: [Leica] As The World Turns
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:49:23 -0500

While, that's cute and snide, Jerry, but it misses a very important
point -

We seem to forget that most of those places and times where we would
violate the rules/laws/requests/and or customs, we would be doing so
simply to get some crappy meaningless photos that prove we took them -
and to what end? Rock concerts? Under circumstances where photos aren't
allowed as opposed to shooting from back stage, wings, down front? Big
whoopee deal. In church? Why? In a "cat house" - by which I assume you
mean an establishment in which prostitutes work, rather than in a feline
boarding kennel? For what purpose? If you really want to take photos of
prostitutes at work or otherwise, ask - it can, and has, been done.
Royal palaces? Buy the post cards or slides being sold - I guarantee you
they'll be much better than anything you can "grab" on the QT.

B. D.