Subject: [Leica] Tri Elmar repair
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:10:23 -0500

I'm hoping someone on the LUG my be able to advise me.  I sent my 3E off to
Leica NJ to have the aperture ring tightened.  As mentioned on the LUG
previously, this seems to be a common problem with the newer version of the
this lens.  I received a letter from them yesterday indicating that they had
to send the lens back to Germany for an estimate.  The lens was purchased in
Germany about a year ago.  Does anybody have a clue why they need to send to
back for an estimate?  I'm concerned because in the letter they speak about
"lengthy" delays.  I'm heading to Cuba in February and want to take the lens
with me. Is this a problem someone other than Leica NJ could fix here in the
States?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mike
The Laurel Group