Subject: Re: [Leica] Random Ranter - I want my digital M8!
From: "David Rodgers" <daverodgers@lightcurves.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:30:36 -0800

William,

>>I agree that digital is fast food. But most people
need both Coke and fine wine, of course under
different situations. I will still keep my M6 and CL
even a digital M-body come to this world. And use them
at differnet situation.<<

Is it a question of need...or preferrence...or perhaps even lack of commitment?

My problem is that I've preferred too many different cameras over the years, thinking this or that might make me a better photographer. And while it's true that every camera system has it's advantages, each has disadvantages; and a learning curve.

I'm committed to film. I've been shooting Leicas for 10-years now and I'm still learning what they can and can't do. I'm comfortable with the fact that Leica's are the best for doing what I like most. While it's true that the grass can be made greener with the touch of a dcam's slider, I can capture  colors just fine with film. And spending time with digital means less time to learning about film, and how to use my Leica's more effectively.

I don't care how many megapixels can dance on a pinhead. I'm off the bandwagaon. I've decided to swim against the tide. I see today's expensive digital cameras as nothing more than tomorrow's landfill.

- --
DaveR
www.lightcurves.com