Subject: Re: [Leica] Why fashion photography sucks
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:31:24 +0100

> While there are still millions of children in this world who own no shoes,
the idea
> of the expense and trouble expended to get folks over here to spend a
thousand
> dollars on some piece of cut and stitched flimsy material is utterly
sickening. Call
> me a bleeding heart. Make my day.

You could make the same sort of argument against the space
program,ultimately maybe even against some medical procedures.
But maybe they help to sustain a big industry .
Take aviation what is the logic of carrying 500 passengers to a far off
destination to relax?
Just to get a plane airborn the first time, takes 2 million people.
They also provide enytertainment like movie stars or rock musicians.
I postulate that most people enjoy watching the beatifull crowd.

> A recent TV documentary here told the story of some teenage boy from rural
prairie
> Canada who was pursuing a career as a runway model. What was depicted sure
looked
> like a ridiculous life, and something I would not want my children
involved with.

I,ve read somewhere that having kids is like firing an arrow.you can aim it
a bit but once released it will choose it,s own path.