Subject: Re: [Leica] To SP or not SP
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:52:44 -0600

Martin,

True, there are many places in New Orleans that I have yet to discover. It
is the downtown area that is really terribly limited. When shooting scenic
stuff, I often hop in the car and take a trip to nowhere, just to see what
I'll encounter. Usually the trip succeeds in yielding something.

I do look at Winogrand's images (first name with two r's) and HCB's images
for inspiration. But the cityscapes in those images are quite different
from New Orleans. Los Angeles looks right in B&W, and New Orleans probably
looks better in color. I've thought about taking the M3 into some rougher
areas, with dog Judy in tow (she has a marvelous hate stare). Wherever I
go, I won't know if it's right until I get there, and I won't get there if
I don't start walking.

Jeffery

P.S. - I'm an academician as well, and not in the Fine Arts. Parasitology.
And you don't want to see that in color or B&W. :-)