Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens CLA Problem
From: Patrick Jelliffe <pbjbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:04:11 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, John

We've had several email exchanges regarding this and
he's adamant that 6 months is his usual warranty, and
he might stretch that to a year, but, darn, I'm even
over that generous extension.  (I did contact him at
the one year mark, and told him of the stiffness,
before it got really bad, and he told me not to
worry.) At this point, I don't wish to besmirch his
reputation, I just won't do business there again.
Pretty sure it's just a matter of using a little too
much lube, or one with a (too)low viscosity for this
lens.   Nothing to lose business over or have an ego
reaction about.