Subject: Re: [Leica] Why fashion photography sucks
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:55:49 -0700

On 1/4/03 Martin Howard  wrote:

>Tim Atherton (and Austin Franklin in another message) wrote:
>
>> what's wrong with that?
>
>I would have thought that "what's wrong" about treating humans like
>objects would be self-evident.

In the Fresh Aire piece on portraits of authors there was a fascinating piece
about an editor of a fashion magazine having his photo taken for the novel he
had written.

The publisher had a fashion photographer shoot it. I was horrified by his
experience. Maybe it was the haircut part, I don't know. The photos are on the
fresh air web site as is, I think, streaming audio of the story.

I sure told me why I wouldn't want to have that experience.

Adam Bridge