Subject: [Leica] Digital Longevity
From: "Beddoe, Neil" <nbeddoe@lehman.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:39:22 -0000

I spoke to a Nikon dealer the other day who said that they been getting a
number of D1s and even a few D100s and D1h/x back with broken shutters
recently.  It seems that photographers are doing what you would expect them
to do with digital and shooting hundreds of frames for each shoot where they
would have shot dozens before.  I seem to remember that the life of a D1x
shutter is only 150,000 exposures which you'll hit pretty quickly if you
shoot 1,000 frames a day consistently as the dealer said some pros had been
doing.

Buying a used digital camera could be very costly if you need to get the
shutter repaired.  I had a Fuji S2 for a couple of months and I must have
shot 1,500 frames with it which is about my average for 2 years with my M6.

Neil