Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure question
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:13:18 -0800

Simon wrote:
> > Normally i try the old advice of metering zone VII and then decreasing
> > exposure by 2 stops.However with my favourite scenes at night my meter
> > cannot register as low as that.Getting a better is not really an option
> > since i think it is quite good allready(minolta).So i end up
> > bracketing and
> > adjusting levels a lot.Would you know a better way of doing it?<<<,

Hi Simon,
I forgot my usual comment on my earlier post to you on using the zone system
and shooting 35mm film.  Unless the roll is completely shot under identical
light conditons, forget it!.

It don't work the way it was meant to be done.... .......... "one sheet of
film at a time!" And process accordingly!

I can hear the incoming on the way already, but they mean diddly squat. Why?
Because that great technician AA never meant it to be 36 exposures
individually zoned on one roll! As each and every frame exposed using the
zone stuff means, each frame would have to be developed individually. Now
just imagine all those little bitty pieces of film floating a round
developing each for one zone or another. :-) Now wouldn't that be a hell of
a sight? ;-)   :-)

Fire away yer best salvo me boys fer the last old year, as she's a new year
dawning and we might as well start 'er off on the right foot with a good
fight!;-) Now have at 'er lads, what say you? :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] exposure question)