Subject: Re: [Leica] From the cold
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:27:15 +0100 (MET)

> Ah yes! Laphroaig, my favorite Islay whisky.  With the prices of
> good Scotch being what they are in Finland, I can understand why
> you want it to last for the entire New Year!

Wrong, Jerry, wrong. It is the price of sprits that are high. It's all
about taxes according to the "proof". The higher the proof, the more tax.
But a bottle of cheap Tennessee moonshine (and I do like Tennessee
bourbon, so don't have a fit) and a bottle of the best Scotch with the
same proof will cost about the same. So as long as you're paying an arm
and a leg, you might as well go for the best :)

Happy New Year,
Daniel