Subject: Re: [Leica] Agfa Ultra 100 - images
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:48:43 -0800

These were scanned from prints, and the prints were from a convention
(non-digital) Fuji minilab. I have scanned Ultra 50 negs before, and it
is a royal pain to get the color balance right. I would love to get it
dialed in though, as I generally prefer to scan from the negs.

I have not tried shooting pics of people with it yet. With Ultra 50, it
was strongly pink and made people look very blotchy. I did some baby
pictures once where I wanted that look, but in general it is not a
great people film. Maybe the Ultra 100 is better in that regard, not
sure yet. Also, the older Ultra 50 had a terrible time with detail in
strong reds. The new film seems to be a little better, but I will test
that further when flower season comes.

- - marc