Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Price increase
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:15:01 -0800

I never begrudge an entity making an honest profit. I've seen larger
companies with a bigger profit margin, pillaged and gutted on the open
market, all because the profit was considered too small.
That Leica has been able to survive in this kind of adversarial market
place is nothing short of miraculous. Never mind the R&D to enhance what
have been superlative optics to begin with, i.e. execpt for the TE.
If anything, I think that Leica's existence, like that of Rollei, 4x5
camera makers, CZ, and SK, will insure that we will have film for a
little while longer than shorter.
Slobodan Dimitrov