Subject: RE: [Leica] 1Ds digital results
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:11:11 -0500

True enough, Austin. But I believe that, for real world purposes - which
include most general uses of photographs - there comes a point of no
return in terms of improved image quality that can be seen by the naked
eye at normal viewing distances, whether on the printed page, a slide
screen, or a gallery wall - and modern Leica lenses take the image well
past that point. In fact, most pro Nikon and Canon lenses take the image
past that point as well, although there are certainly some qualities
possessed by some Leica lenses, particularly comparative lack of
distortion and flare in the wides, that can be seen by the naked eye
when compared to most lenses of other manufacturers.

And I am not going to even nibble at the status symbol worm on that
hook...:-)

B. D.