Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's Definition of cold
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:34:35 -0500

Don - yes everything is relative.  When I was a teenager the coldest i
ever was, was on a short trip by Cessna to an abandoned airfield on the
plains of Kansas - so cold that when my father used the pay phone at
the airfield to call the folks we were to meet it malfunctioned and the
sherriff was called and HE picked us up

That was THE coldest until I became an adult and had to spend 8 years
in Chicago by the lake - some days with the windchill at -80 the three
block walk to work was very unpleasant.

ernie