Subject: Re: [Leica] A hint of what's coming in Freedom's land?
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 23:30:54 -0800

On Saturday, Dec 7, 2002, at 22:50 America/Los_Angeles, Adam Bridge
wrote:

> This is what TiVo or another personal video recorder is for! You can
> just pause and continue. These things are the best thing since, well,
> film and definitely have changed the way I watch TV.

A (relatively few) number of years ago, commercial TV hit Sweden and
those of us who live/lived there during the time became increasingly
used to having TV programmed hacked to pieces by advertizing.  By
American standards, it's very, very mild.  Now, living in the US, I'm
in the odd position that I only get a single TV channel (NBC).
Programming is so totally destroyed by commercial breaks that it has
also changed the way I watch TV.

I simply don't.

In a peculiar and truly ironic way, TV is directly responsible for my
renewed interest in fiction literature and a rediscovered joy of
reading.

M.