Subject: Re: [Leica] A hint of what's coming in Freedom's land?
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:50:17 -0800

On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 09:17  AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> 1) (most important) The one you just mentioned--you can heed nature's
> call without missing any of the show.

This is what TiVo or another personal video recorder is for! You can
just pause and continue. These things are the best thing since, well,
film and definitely have changed the way I watch TV. Nothing like
pausing or going back to catch something that was missed. It did,
however, lead to an interesting situation where my son called to
discuss the end of the World Series and I was still watching it --
having paused for a while and I was about 10 minutes behind! A weird
feeling.

> 2) Commercials on commercial television are often much better than the
> shows they are in. As George Will once wrote, they are the most
> believeable part of television.

Well when you think about it the production values of a TV commercial
are vastly higher than most television productions or even films. With
the exception of the most recent, I have really liked the VW ads over
the past few years.

Now we need a Leica ad!

Adam Bridge