Subject: [Leica] PAW - Snow over Nagog (or Not the Essence of Where I Live)
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:33:35 -0500

My house is just over the side of the pond in this PAW.
The area was hit with a snow storm (nothing major) on Friday.
I went out a few times to get the fresh snow.   All photos are
less than 1 mile from my house, the photos of the pond were
all taken within 10 feet.  The orchard is 1/4 of a mile away.
And yet, this is _not_ the essence of where I live.

This series is also a bit unusual for me in that I don't often do
landscape or nature photography.  I had GeeBee in mind
when taking some of these photos, and try to include more of
the sky  (the clouds, boss, the clouds :-)), but in the end gave up.
We just don't have those English clouds around here.  (See
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_37.html for what I mean)
I also tried  a couple of  panoramic crops, not my usual style.
(Actually, to get rid of the empty sky above  :-) )

In any case, of my own photos in this series, my favorite is:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/8512664
If I had to choose an alternate:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/8512800
But I am very bad at editing my own photos.  I would greatly appreciate
if you could take a look at the rest at
   http://www.pbase.com/phong/nagog_pond
and give me your frank opinion for what works, and what doesn't.
As always, comments, good and bad are welcome.
Equipment:  Canon digital SLR (D30), with Canon and Leica lenses.

Opine away.  Thanks !

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] PAW - Snow over Nagog (or Not the Essence of Where I Live))