Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica spotted in Magazine
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:35:32 +0100

Martin

I agree with everything you say. At the recent Paris photo event there
was exhibition of Ansel Adams photographs and my reaction was that from
a technical point of view they were absolutely amazing - the richness of
tones and details were out of this world. But there was (to me remember,
to me!) a coldness about them. They almost looked like a series of still
lifes. Again, like yourself, it's probably because I prefer people
photographs to landscapes.

Incidentally there were a few of his portraits taken with a Polaroid (20
x 16?), the only one that sticks in my mind was one of Jimmy Carter. Not
a flattering portrait IMHO.

Steve