Subject: [Leica] Perspective controls
From: rodgersd@fosterfarms.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:26:23 -0800

Henning

In "Today in Vancouver" you wrote:

>> After scanning, I straightened the buildings :-). I can't
stand to see them keystoning. Since I used to do everything I could
before Photoshop came along to straighten them, such as tilting the
film stage & easel in printing, I do the same now digitally.<<

On the subject of perspective controls, I've learned a great deal from the
transform features in PS. It's amazing how even slight tweaks using skew or
perspective controls can really improve an image.

I'm more aware of lines than ever. It's not like I was unaware before. But
for some reason working with digital tools has hightened that awareness to
things that, in the past, weren't so obvious. And it's carried through the
how I view things in the viewfinder. I just wonder if others have had the
same experience.

As an architectural photographer I'm sure you had a very keen eye regarding
the alignment of compositional elements even before digital imaging came
along. My background was photo journalism, which is no excuse because line
is important in all images.

I really liked all your images, btw.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Perspective controls)