Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Minox 35
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 09:52:55 -0800

I have one and I love it. It does have an incredible lens, and the AE
system is dead-on too. I like to shoot Kodachrome 200 in mine, makes
for a great pocketable rig. The one problem is that it is purely
guess-focusing, so I end up shooting with a large DOF setting (f8) - it
can limit the kinds of shots I get, but all in all it is a fine camera.
Another one I like, similar to the Minox, is the Olympus XA, a nice
little pocket camera with a rangefinder for focusing. Not as sharp as
the Minox, but still excellent.

The XA and Minox 35 are real bargains - no excuse for not trying them
out :-)

- - marc