Subject: Re: [Leica] New (Digilux) photo for critique
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:01:26 -0800

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

The ISO is fixed at 100, I was shooting in aperture-preferred mode at f
2.0, which is wide open. I think the shutter ended up about 1/75 or
1/90 but I am not positive of that. f2 at the wide setting has a LOT of
depth of field, the drawback of a 7mm lens. I like shallow DOF most of
the time, a realy shortcoming of the digi-world if you ask me (yea I
know, get a bigger sensor...)

At ISO 100 the camera makes very noise-free shots, but not always sharp
as I get some slow shutter speeds (tripod? are you kidding?) Honestly,
I have not seen too much noise at the ISO 200 and 400 settings either,
but I have not shot that way much as I'm trying to get the maximum
quality out of this camera to see how close it can come to meeting my
personal 'standards' of quality.

- - marc