Subject: Re: [Leica] Tilt-all Parts Problem
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:32:28 -0500

- --On Sunday, November 24, 2002 9:31 PM -0500 "John O. Newell"
<jnewell@attbi.com> wrote:

>> I went throught this drill a couple of years ago and the feet are so
>> cheap that I ordered a dozen while I was at it so as to avoid redoing the
>> exercise anytime soon :-).
>
> Rolfe, your Tiltall had the slip-on rubber feet, similar to
> what you find on canes and crutches and things like that?
> The newer ones use a screw-in metal plug with rubber foot
> that screws in to expose a metal spike.
>
> I was thinking the same thing about quantities! :-)

I have a couple of Tiltalls -- an old Leitz-labelled one and one only a few
years old with the Tiltall label on one of the legs. It was my newer one
that lost the foot and those are the parts I ordered. The part you get is
the complete screw-in metal plug with the rubber foot that screws into that
piece. Those are the feet that are easily available on special order
probably from any professional retailer.

My Leitz version has never lost a foot and generally feels like it was
built to tighter tolerances than the newer ones. I guess the Leitz Tiltalls
were either built by the Marchoni brothers or with the same tooling in any
case.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com