Subject: Re: [Leica] Tilt-all Parts Problem
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:45:01 -0500

- --On Sunday, November 24, 2002 5:07 PM -0500 "John O. Newell"
<jnewell@attbi.com> wrote:

> My old Leitz-made Tiltall has lost one of the rubber feet.
> Apparently the new manufacturer has changed the foot design
> (looks better, actually, but that's a different matter).
> Does anyone know where to obtain some suitable replacement?
> Looks like I need a 3/4" ID rubber cap.  I thought it would
> be easy to find a replacement, but so far no luck.
>
> In the alternative, does anyone know what the thread on the
> new feet is?  B&H sells the feet as replacement parts, but
> I'd need to thread the inside of the lower leg.  I doubt I
> can walk into the local hardware store and get the right
> tap... :-(

I'm not sure about the difference between the Leitz-labelled Tiltall and
the more recent ones, but the feet are definitely available as are the
other individual parts. If you do a Google search, you will turn up the
manufacturer (or it may be the importer) and they will tell you how to
place an order if you call them on the phone (there are some language
difficulties, as it is a far-eastern concern in Brooklyn I believe). It may
be that these are the same parts that B&H stocks, but perhaps they will be
able to supply parts for the older version as well.

I thought that all the Tiltalls had interchangable parts, so the fact that
they do not is news to me.

I went throught this drill a couple of years ago and the feet are so cheap
that I ordered a dozen while I was at it so as to avoid redoing the
exercise anytime soon :-).

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com