Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: 50mm Voigtlander (WAS: Nathan's PAW 47: I got my 21mm lens!)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:16:45 -0500

2002-11-24-11:40:45 Jeffery L. Smith:
> I like my Nokton, but it is a heavy lens. Bokeh has always been its bad rap.

Yeah, it's kinda crisper than the Summilux, but in a brittle sort of
way.  My Summilux went out of whack and I sent it in for service just
before I got sent to London for what turned out to be a few months;  I
missed having a fast 50, and ended up buying Johnny Deadman's used
Nokton from him in a pub.  (It was kind of like a scene from a spy
movie.)  As soon as I had my Summilux back, the Nokton ceased to get
much use, I fear.  It's on extended loan to a friend.

I continue to hope for a 50mm Summilux-M as good as the current R
one.  There's a dramatic immediacy to its wide-open pictures I really
like, but I don't use the R nearly as much as the M.

Message from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 47: I got my 21mm lens!)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> ([Leica] Re: 50mm Voigtlander (WAS: Nathan's PAW 47: I got my 21mm lens!))
Message from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: 50mm Voigtlander (WAS: Nathan's PAW 47: I got my 21mm lens!))