Subject: Re: [Leica] Swimming!
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:43:18 -0800

On Thursday, Nov 21, 2002, at 13:18 America/Los_Angeles, Stuart
Phillips wrote:

> These are color and have spectacular detail and definition. They're not
> muddy and out of focus. It's worth the bandwidth.

Funny you should say that: on my monitor, they looked bleak, washed
out, and seemed to have digital artifacts similar to a Sabattier effect
(look along the legs in the second picture).  There is some pretty
clear colour fringing taking place in the darker areas of the same
picture (again, legs of those standing, swimsuit, and underneath the
"lip" of the pool).  I'm surprised to learn that they are 116k (or
whatever) in size.

M.