Subject: RE: [Leica] 2nd lens advice
From: "leica@skipwilliams.com" <leica@skipwilliams.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:52:17 -0500

I like the 90 over the 135 for most portraiture.  It keeps you in touch
with your subject more.  The 135 can be nice, expecially wide open, but you
have to have more working distance.

I've had a couple of very positive dealings with KenMar.

I don't see any reason to buy a 3-cam lens for a Leicaflex SL, but you can
do it.  You'll save money here.

The Elpro works just as well as any other closeup lens, which is very
nicely; but not quite as nicely as a macro lens.  The advantage is that the
closeup lenses do not have any light falloff calculations, as the macro or
extension tube methods have.  I'd start with the closeup lenses, and if you
don't like the quality, you can move to a 100 Macro, a third-party macro
lens, or some extension device like tubes or bellows.

Skip