Subject: [Leica] FOM2 year 2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:36:47 +1100

G'day all,

after much pain and agony, I have a viewing board ready for you to
see the full selection of the submissions for year 2 --- all 989 of
them: yes we have gone very close to reaching 1000 images this year
and far outstriped last years total. In general, I also think the
images are better in variety, and will give the judges a lot to think
about.

Visit:

http://homepage.mac.com/firkin/.Public/trial/index.html

I need to hear from the judges: how do you think we should go about
distributing this file: It took hours to upload, and I fear that with
such a huge number of submissions, the only fair way to judge them
will be to have each judge review the images from their own computer:
after all, if it takes 20 seconds to download the images and 20
seconds to look at them, you would have to take 10 straight hours
just to see the entire group.

I have thought about sending CD's to someone in the states and Europe
and they could be distributed from there: any takers prepared to act
as postmen? This would slow up the process, but at least the voting
would be done at leisure.

I await comments: can you do this huge task from the web?

Cheers and here's luck

ps if there are any problems with the site please let me know: I'm
sure to have made some mistakes :-(

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] FOM2 year 2)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] FOM2 year 2)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] FOM2 year 2)