Subject: [Leica] Design the ideal ER case
From: Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:09:17 -0600

I live in a rural setting and have an acquaintance who does custom
saddlery building.  He started out doing hunting knife form-fitted
sheaths (friction fit) and then custom holster work for law enforcement
applications.  His work is top quality and he is an obsessive craftsman.
 I believe he's at the point of needing to expand operations and may be
able to add some staple, production items to his offerings to
rationalize employees, etc.

If you could start from scratch, what attributes would you wish for in
an eveready case for an M series?  What liner materials?  Any known
leather treatment chemistry to avoid for long term exposure to any of
the Leica surface finishes?  Hardware location points for function or
ideal balance?  Any specific Leica quirks or additions (ie, a covered
clip to hold the back during film changing while standing, etc).  Let
your creativity flow please.....