Subject: Re: [Leica] M7
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:49:35 -0400

At 10:00 PM 11/14/2002 +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Something seems seriously wrong with the global distribution system of
>Leica if that is the case. Here in Zurich you can walk into 4-5 different
>camera stores and walk out with a new M7 after leaving an obscene amount
>of Swiss Francs behind...
>
>Nathan

You just figured out why the dealer has them in stock.  It has something to
do with the obscene amount of money they are charging.   Remember, it is
the dealer that has it in stock, not Leica.

When I got my M7 a month ago, all the Canadian agent had in stock was the
.85 version.  That is what I bought.  It was a little more expensive than
the cheaper deals in the USA, but the Canadian agent now has the three year
passport warranty.

  I think I paid about $100-$200 dollars more than the discount prices in
the USA, but I also didn't have to pay any shipping or handling
charges.  If you really want a M7, walk into your local dealer and tell him
how much you can get one shipped from another country.  They may be able to
come close to that price.

Regards,

Robert