Subject: [Leica] Re: R lenses on Canon EOS bodies
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:13:55 +0800

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:20:03 -0500
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW:  Early Snow in Montreal - now R lenses on EOS
Lenses that protrude far into the body won't work; I was told that
the 19mm won't work   :-(.

At 6:31 AM -0800 11/14/02, Leica Users digest wrote:
>I was told that the 19mm Elmarit R won't work in this setup.
>I was at a photo show this past Sunday and
>tried the 50mm Summilux R myself and confirmed that
>it works.

Hi  Phong,
It is very interesting that you were able to use the 50mm Summilux R
on the Canon, as it is one of the lenses which we are not supposed to
be able to use on Canon EOS SLR film cameras. Was the model you tried
the latest ROM model? About using the 19mm Elmarit on Canon digital
SLRs please check out Andrew Nemeth's site at
http://www.nemeng.com/leica/002f.shtml which I had not researched
when I posted my original query.
Has anyone else, (besides J Gong quoted in Andrew's site), used a
19mm Elmarit ROM on either a Canon D30 or D60 without damage to the
return mirror. I would really like to be sure before I attach mine!
Thanks,
Howard Cummer
Hong Kong