Subject: RE: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:21:06 -0500

Are you smoking crack, Fred, or are you really suggesting that the only
images that qualify as "photographs" in your view are taken with Leicas,
and that any good image is representative of "the Leica way?"

And, yes, like any reasonably good photographer, I can capture images
with my Olympus Stylus that are the equal of photographs taken by those
who are not reasonably good photographers but own Leicas because they
think that doing so makes them good "photographers."

Here's one I shot in 1982 - when I was doing much less shooting than I
do now - with an Olympus XA, and what you are seeing is a scan of the 60
min photo lab 4x6 print I've had all these years.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-35306.html

BTW, it may  come as a real shock to you, but many of the world's great
photographers (and God knows I do not in any way consider myself such
:-) ) were not, and are not, Lecia shooters.

B. D.