Subject: Re: [Leica] Zone Focus, was AndrewsEye
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@icommag.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:31:54 -0400

> On Monday, Nov 11, 2002, at 14:54 America/Los_Angeles, Andrew Amundsen
> wrote:
>
>> I now have the utmost respect for those photographers who can handle
>> quick focusing with RF's!.

Martin Howard chimes in:

> In many (most?) cases, it's not a question of focussing quickly: it's a
> question of zone focussing, combined -- when necessary -- with moving
> y'er feet.
>
> M.

...yes many people zone focus (I do not), with practice anybody can learn to
focus, even on moving objects. Even if one wants to zone focus, I think it
would be an advantage later to practice focusing in the beginning. And in
low light and wide open, zone focus really does not work very well.

sl

http://www.streetphoto.net