Subject: [Leica] LUG mini-meeting Palo Alto
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:58:08 -0800

I met Jim Brick via the LUG and had a great visit with him and his wife a
couple years ago in Sunnyvale. We talked on the phone recently about digital
backs and Jim recommended I contact Keeble and Shucket in Palo Alto. So,
returning to Eureka (from a trip picking up photo gear of course!) I stopped
by K&S for my first look at a remarkable camara store - actually two
buildings with 35mm equipment on one side of the street and
medium/large/digital format on the other side.

I was just about to leave with a couple of "must have" purchases when in
comes Jim! Stick around a camera store long enough and you're bound to meet
a LUGger (and/or a HUGger). We had lunch together, talking cameras and
computers and catching up on old lies and exagerations. Jim's work with
computer CD technology is fascinating, but if I told any details at this
point, I think he'd have to shoot me - but maybe just with a Leica or
Hasselblad.

What great fun - this global village called the LUG.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger