Subject: re:[Leica] OT Seth's Train expose'
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 09:39:45 -0500

Seth - I didn't have time to respond until I got home and read it on the
printed page.  I took a similar trip from Syracuse to Santa Fe and
back.  My general feelings after that trip ( 2000) was that I would never
take Amtrak for a long trip  ....but that being said it was an interesting
experience.  M6 with pre-asph 35/2 and gobs of Delta 3200 did the trick and
I have many memorable pics .  The frequents unscheduled stops gave me time
to get out and see the landscape - many shots were just out the window -
some have become my personal favorites out of my amateur portofolio.  I am
not put off by train travel just Amtrak - my step father is a retired
railman and I have many sympathies for Amtrak's plight.  I want to take the
Canadian Rail next time Toronto to Vancouver :)

ernie