Subject: Re: [Leica] Reformulated Tri-X?
From: Roger Cantwell <rcantwell@peeble.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:25:06 +0000

Rolfe Tessem wrote:

> It has been out for a few years over here -- I remember it appearing
> about the same time as T400CN. B&W+ seems to be marketed as the consumer
> version and comes with an orange mask which supposedly makes it easier
> for minilabs to print on color paper. (It is also available in APS.)
> Thus, it has more in common with Portra 400BW, which is also optimized
> for printing on color paper. T400CN, according to Kodak, is intended to
> be printed on traditional silver halide B&W paper.
>
> In any event, these are all C41 films :-).

Aha.  It will be interesting to see how B&W+ comes out as I haven't used
it before.  My preferred lab does beautiful b/w prints from T400CN - not
a hint of sepia.  I rate it at ISO 200 which it seems to prefer (normal
processing though).
- --
Roger

Message from Roger Cantwell <rcantwell@peeble.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Reformulated Tri-X?)