Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:18:18 -0800

Sonny Carter wrote:

>>> The picture of the week project mostly documenting my little part of
> the earth has become an important part of my life, and I do it for
me.<<<<<

And Sonny I can't think of any better reason to do them than that!

Sure there's good bad and ugly stuff and some that shouldn't have been
exposed in the first place, but what the heck eh, how else are we supposed
to learn if we don't take pictures and get good, bad or ugly criticism and
helpful suggestion how to improve as photographers.

Hell when I started in '50 no one told me anything unless you belonged to a
camera club and even then comments were pretty few and far between.... too
many protecting their little miniscule world of knowledge. Pros were worse
as they all wanted to protect their customers even from the lowliest
amateur.

It was shoot tons of film, at least 20 rolls a week. That may not sound like
a much these days, however the salary was pretty slim pickin's per week so
it was a ton of film even at $1.25 a roll! ;-) And the bulk of that was
thrown away as it didn't look like the assignment in the photo magazine
project. The mags were good in those days a they were "teachers of
photography" compared to the advertising and opinionated rags of today.

So Sonny keep your pictures coming!

ted

Message from "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?)